Sunday, March 16, 2008

LET THE GAMES BEGIN

I have finally come to the realization that I am in my final semester of my college career. And with that, there are a ton of things that I need to get done to ensure that I will be getting out of here on time. Right now the major ordeal on my plate is my capstone project. I recently had a meeting with Weaver that really helped me to sort things out and establish a plan for what my presentation will consist of. My conclusion of my project will be me showing my resume tape. For the rest of my presentation I will begin by showing 5-10 steps in putting together a successful resume tape. The next part of my poster presentation will show the expert advice I found on the topics, to do this I will go back through my lit review to find the best sources to use. And during our meeting Weaver gave me a good piece of information to think about, that being that he knows someone is going to come up to me during my presentation and ask me “why didn’t you take a internship?” and at the moment I don’t have a good answer, other then I don’t think the Sebastian ( my alumni) had an internship. Plus I sent TJ an email asking if it would be possible for me to come with him to work a couple of times and shadow him, just so I can have some field experience to my credit. So as of right now this is what I will be doing over my spring break. LUCKY ME!

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Take full advantage of any opportunities you have to shadow.