Sunday, March 30, 2008

tips for resume tape

With my capstone presentation date set ive just about finished my poster for my presentation, which explains certain characteristics that a resume tape for sports should have. And after looking through my literature review I have developed several ideas for a sports resume tape

Be Creative
Use only your best shows/packages and make sure to put them in the beginning of your tape
Be yourself, don’t try and imitate other sports casters
Average runtime for a resume tape is between 3 and 5 minutes
Put a slate in the beginning of your tape with your name, phone number, and email address.

These are some of the most important things that I found when creating a resume tape. And I hope that these steps help some other inspiring sports anchors in the future.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

So how many tips are you going to have and how will you situate the sources/experts?